Franklin County Fiscal Court is seeking qualified applicants for the following position in county government. An application may be picked up from the office of the County Judge/Executive, 321 West Main Street, Frankfort, KY 40601. Applications must be received in the County Judge/Executive’s Office by close of business on December 6, 2010.
SOLID WASTE ADMINISTRATOR
The position of Solid Waste Administrator will be responsible to:
- Develop data for Fiscal Court prior to bidding for renewal of the current solid waste disposal contract in 2012.
- Find ways of decreasing the cost of waste disposal.
- Increase county recycling participation.
- Develop strategies to bring a Waste to Energy company to Franklin County.
- Draft an annual budget for the Solid Waste Department.
Write, maintain and execute the 5-Year Area Solid Waste Management Plan required by the State.
- Identify state and federal solid waste grants for Franklin County.
- Submit an annual report updating Fiscal Court on the previous year’s activities.
- Improve communication with county residents, including creating a website to keep citizens informed about recycling and other solid waste issues.
Applicant must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be highly organized, have the ability to exercise good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Additional requirements: Bachelors Degree or at least three years experience relevant to the duties outlined above. Applicant must possess a valid Kentucky driver’s license.
Franklin County Fiscal Court is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. Successful candidate may have to pass a drug test as a condition of employment.