Crime Victims Advocate
669 Chamberlin Avenue
Frankfort, Ky 40601
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
(502) 875-6401 Phone
(502) 875-8705 Fax
The mission of the Crime Victims Assistance Program is to identify and provide direct comprehensive services to victims of violent crime in Franklin County.
The purpose of the program is to diminish the trauma of violent crime by providing victims with a direct voice to the prosecutor, crisis counseling and evaluation, avenues of information about the court system, advocacy within that system, and whenever possible, opportunities for recovery.
Services provided include:
- providing written informational materials describing victims rights, community resources, available legal options and explaining the criminal justice system;
- assessing victims needs and working as liaison between the victim and the courts;
- lessening the impact of crime by providing support to the victim during the extent of court proceedings;
- contacting victims and keeping them advised of the current case status;
- accompanying victims to court for trial or hearings; providing victims with input by assisting in the preparation of the Victim Impact Statement;
- providing victims with Crime Victims Compensation Board claim forms and assisting in its completion.
Victim Advocates additionally provide system-wide services intended to improve the overall response of the community and the criminal justice system to victims.