Applications may be obtained at the Franklin County Fire Dept., 106 Darby Shire Circle, Frankfort, KY or from this link. Please send applications and required documents to the Human Resources Director at 321 West Main, Frankfort, KY 40601.
Deadline for applications: February 8, 2019 4:00pm. Salary/ Benefits: Currently Offered
>Base pay $33,612.80/yearly (6 month probation)
>Employer paid health insurance (Single Coverage)
>CERS hazardous duty retirement
>Social Security Participation
>KY Fire Commission educational incentive program upon qualifying ($4,000.00 yearly)
>Paid vacation and sick leave
> Responds to and performs fire, accident, rescue, civil defense, hazardous materials, EMS and naturaldisaster calls.
> Uses various manual and power assisted equipment in all phases of fire fighting and rescue work.
> Operates tests and maintains equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
> May perform fire inspection duties and instruct public in fire prevention practices.
> Maintains training requirements and performs training activities.
> Performs related work or other duties as required.
+ High School Certificate (or GED equivalent).
+ Must be between the ages of 21 and 40 years of age at application deadline.
+ Strong communication skills with the ability to understand write and speak fluently in English.
+ Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions during emergency and non-emergency operations.
+ Ability to complete required forms and maintain records.
+ Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of the position.
+ College level fire science studies desired, but not required.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky prior to appointment and during tenure of employment as Firefighter.
- Veterans must provide DD-214 showing reason for discharge.
- Past Employment, Driving, and Criminal Background Checks.
- Be a United States Citizen or provide documentation showing ability to legally work in the U.S.
- Pass a pre-employment Drug and Alcohol screening.
- Undergo a physical examination to ensure qualified and fit for the job.
- Successful completion of (CPAT) Candidate Physical Ability Test.
Franklin County Fiscal Court is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability.