Judge/Executive Meuller has issued a Burn Ban on the advice of Franklin County Fire Chief Brian Brewer. This order does encompass the entire county including the incorporated area of the City of Frankfort, Kentucky. Please see the executive order below for more information about this ban.
NO OUTSIDE BURN ORDER
WHEREAS, due to drought conditions in Franklin County and the potential for fires, on advice of the County Fire Chief Brian Brewer, a no-burn order has been declared; and
WHERAS, the Franklin County outdoor no-burn order applies to the following:
- Fires set for recreational or ceremonial purposes.
- Fires set for the purpose of weed abatement and pest prevention.
- Fires set for the purpose of bona fide instruction and training of public and industrial employees in the methods of fighting fires.
- Fires set for recognized agricultural, silvicultural, range and wildlife management practices.
- Fires set for disposal of natural growth for land clearing, and trees and limbs felled by storms.
WHEREAS, Outdoor cooking grills and smokers are not included in the ban and should be used with caution;
NOW, THEREFORE, BY ORDER OF THE COUNTY JUDGE/EXECUTIVE, it is hereby ordered that this ban be effective immediately; and be lifted by order, after sufficient rainfall to abate the hazardous conditions.
So ordered this 29th day of September, 2023.