The Franklin County Road Department is finished with their streetside leaf collection service until next Fall! If you still have leaves in your yard, here are some ways to utilize them:
- Shred leaves with a lawn mower- this lessens the volume!
- Use them in your compost pile
- Spread leaves as mulch in your flower beds
- Mix leaves in garden soil
- Leave the leaves! Insects need leaf piles for protection in the winter. Leaves can also help your grass come back beautifully in the Spring.
Written by Ally Hall, Franklin Co. Solid Waste Coordinator