A Franklin County Fire Department application may be obtained at 106 Darby Shire Circle, Frankfort, KY or from the County’s website. Please send application and required documents to the Human Resources Director at 321 West Main, Frankfort, KY 40601.
Deadline to apply: February 3, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
- Annual Base Salary $40,505 (Raises given in intervals of 6 months with EMT, 1 year with Haz-Mat Tech, 2 years with FFI, and 3 years with FFII)
- Annual State Firefighter training incentive ($4,300 upon qualifying)
- Employee health insurance premium paid at 100% for employee, 65% employee/spouse or employee/child(ren) and 60% family
- CERS hazardous duty retirement
- 24/48 work schedule
- Social Security Participation
- Life insurance
- Uniform allowance
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holiday
- Discounted college tuition programs
- Perform firefighting and rescue duties
- Mitigate emergency situations dealing with fires, hazardous materials, rescues and emergency medical incidents and resolves non-emergency incidents
- Operate manual and power assisted equipment
- Maintain fire station, apparatus and equipment in an orderly fashion
- Test station apparatus. Equipment and vehicles to ensure proper working order
- Participate in and maintain required training courses
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Must be between 18 and 40 years of age at application deadline
- Possess and maintain valid Kentucky Driver License
- US Citizen or provide eligibility documentation to work in the US
- Obtain Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certification prior to hiring
- Undergo a physical examination to ensure qualified and fit for the job.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to physically perform duties in the environmental conditions required of the position
- Veterans must provide a DD-214
- Applicants are subject to employment, driving, criminal background check and a drug and alcohol screening
- College level fire science studies desired, but not required
Franklin County Fiscal Court is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.